Sunday, January 22, 2006

Osama Been Forgotten

I guess the skinny little guy has been out of the spotlight long enough, so now with the '06 elections coming up, it was time for him to trot out his Message of Fear to help his good buddies in the BFEE.

Al Jazeera calls it thusly: Bin Laden’s propaganda- Valuable gift to Washington.

Of course the fact that I even reference an Al Jazeera story on this blog -- let alone link to it -- is pretty much a guarantee that I'm now on the "watch list" for sure, if I hadn't landed there already for some of my rash comments in this space and elsewhere.

In the meantime, you gotta wonder, if this is the most powerful nation, blah blah blah, and we could put a man on the moon and rovers on Mars, they why in the hell can't we "smoke 'em out" of those caves in AfghanaPakistan? Rough terrain, my ass. We've fought a lot of wars on rough terrain, and that never stopped us before.

It has to be that we just don't have the will, the resolve, to hunt down and capture one man who is hiding in a cave, but we are more than happy to invade a non-combatant third country and pour all of our wealth and lives into what was a losing proposition from the get-go.

BTW, it has now been 1549 days since Baby Doc said he'd get Osama "dead or alive". It was only 1347 days from Pearl Harbor to the end of WWII.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage

Farnsworth68 said...

What, are you trying to hurry up my Gitmo detention?
:-)

Anonymous said...

No, not at all, it's just that aljazeera.com and aljazeera.net are two different sites. I love your blog, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Why Osama is forgoten by shruby...

Maybe this all adds together??? There was that time during the debate where shrub told nobody at all to stop interrupting him... let him finish or something like that. Then later on it was osama who? I am not worried about him.

Maybe he already has dementia? During the debate we assumed he had a secret wire in his ear or something and was babbling to his handlers. What if he truly thought somebody was intrupting him?

spookie spiders!!!

Anonymous said...

I used to think Osama a CIA toy, now I am not sure if he is the toy...

Anonymous said...

OK, this takes the cake!

The random Bush quote of the day over at Radicalvet...
http://www.radicalveteran.com/ etc... is...

"Bush Quote of the Day:
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." "

My point is made, he has no more clue than Ron did, somebody start bailing water plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gitmo? Getgo! U2 will be playing there for us all!!!

Anonymous said...

You so crazy, he was never a primary concern of the US and the more the LWLM pander to his charisma the more effective he will be as a terrorist. We should not cower to them!

merlallen said...

His approval ratings are at 36% so he trots out Osama binBogeyman to fire up the bedwetters, and it didn't work!!! HAHA, now, I'm really worried about what he's going to fuck up next.