Sunday, October 19, 2008

You Want Rights? No, That's Only on TV

That's what a cop said to a protesting IVAW member at Hofstra U the night of the debate, after he was put in handcuffs.

Here's the video:



Stick around to the end, where arrestee and Iraq veteran Adam Kokesh kept his hidden microphone on after he was handcuffed by the cops.

"You want rights?" the cop says. "That's only on TV. That's on Cops. This is New York..."

Unfortunately, it's not only New York, as we saw with the illegal roundup and detention of lawful protesters at the Nuremburg Rally Rethug Convention in Minneapolis this summer.

[HT to constant reader jae for this video]

2 Comments:

jae said...

Thank you for putting this up. I sent it to as many important sites as I could think of. :O)

I can't tell you how this is troubling me on a personal scale. We were having a wine bottling party Friday and I got myself so worked up that I was in tears halfway thru in front of everyone.

I guess you could say that this event to me is a real and tangible sign that the Police State is *here* and there is a real possibility it is too late to do anything about it.

mrln said...

I'm not surprised by this at all. I live a few miles away, just into the next county. Nassau County police (this occured in Nassau County) are known to be overpaid (they're paid much more than NYC police)and arrogant. The Nassau County police department should issue and forman apology to these veterans!