Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Astoundingly Ignorant or Downright Orwellian"

That was the judgment of the Anchorage Daily News, the biggest paper in the state, about Caribou Barbie's disingenuous dismissal of the Troopergate report.

When you have your home state's largest media outlet against you, that has to tell you something.

Barbie has said that the report "vindicates" her, and that it proves "no unlawful or unethical activity on my part"...

I don't know what report she read -- if she did read one -- but Finding Numero Uno was this:

"I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act."
As much as I do believe that Caribou Barbie is ignorant -- on a whole raft of issues and history and sociology and psychology and, well the list is endless -- I can't believe that her ignorance, deliberate though it may be, extends to the findings of this investigation.

Nope, I'm going for Option #2: Downright Orwellian.

After all, it's what the Rethugs do best, and she's doing her darn-betcha best to try to fit in. After all, she was chosen as "Miss Congeniality", so she doesn't want to do anything to upset that delicately crafted ship of state that the Rethugs have been foisting off on us lowly vermin for the last eight years.

But guess what, Barbie. It ain't gonna work. After watching the poll numbers for Obama climb and the numbers for Grampaw McSame plummet, I am starting to believe that, finally, "we won't be fooled again"...

Or maybe I'm being a starry-eyed optimist. Again.

0 Comments: