Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Taking the Bull By the Tail...

As W.C. Fields once said, sometimes you have to take the bull by the tail and look the situation squarely in the eye.

Here is the text of an email I sent yesterday to Faux News and to Molly Henneberg and Laurie Dhue, two of its big-hair on-air don't care unaware bubbleheads:

Okay, you Faux News dittoheads, you've done it again. You know it, I know it, and the American people know it.
Molly Hennenberg reporting from Crawford clearly stated today that Cindy Sheehan once said "America is not worth dying for".
That wasn't true and what's worse, Molly, is that YOU KNEW it wasn't true when you said it on the air. You had the goddam clip from the SF rally where she actually said, and YOU KNOW IT, this: "IRAQ isn't worth dying for".
It's in the clip. Watch it and see. Don't take MY word for it.

Although I know that the likelihood of you actually retracting that story are about the same chances as a snowball's in hell, I do want you to know that people are watching and, which must come as a total shock to you, PAYING ATTENTION.

Try some o' that ole "fair and balanced" crap just once. You might just like it.
Needless to say, I have yet to receive a response from the network or its two snippy sisters.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

W.C was cool, although, he did not like dogs or children. LOL. He once fired a secretary for putting orange juice in his gin. He was a guest at where I work, appropos of nothing. I am probably talking to myself, so it matters not. ROCK ON, DENNIS.