Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Robertson Express: Straight to Hell

I'll confess, given my atheistic secular humanist personal belief system, I haven't really paid a whole lot of attention to the American Ayatollah over the years, at least not since his stealthy minions took over the Republican Party in my home state in an overnight caucus coup. The Repugs were pretty much a laughing stock after that, and haven't won a statewide election since. A basically pathetic bunch of losers, all in all.

But today I ran across a website with, among other things, a number of interesting quotations from Chairman Loony.

Excerpts:

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history."

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them."

"[Separation of church and state] was never in the Constitution. However much the liberals laugh at me for saying it, they know good and well it was never in the Constitution! Such language only appeared in the constitution of the communist Soviet Union."
People actually send money to this lunatic-fringe-dwelling fuckwad moron American Ayatollah Radical Christianist Cleric.

As much as I am firmly a part of the non-believing reality-based part of the human race, it's tempting to wish for an actual Jesus, just so we could see this fucker, plus Jerry The Sneer Falwell, James Focus on the Fetus Dobson, Burning Kansas Phelps, Tony Not-the-Dead-Actor Perkins, and Baby Doc Bush, all get their theological just desserts before the throne of god on Judgment Day.

I'm sure that should that Judgment Day ever come to pass, I'll probably be taking that "down" escalator myself, but it'll be worth it to feel that tingling thrill of schadenfraude, as I watch that trapdoor open up under their feet and see those flames of eternal perdition lick at their pathetic blacksock whiteman ankles.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your site and have posted a link to it on my space. Hope you don't mind but I even copied one of your posts and published it. Sorry I haven't left a message sooner but my time is limited. Stop by my space and let me know what you think.

PEACE

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks for the link and feel free to copy anything you see here -- just source it to me (which you did).
I liked your site, but couldn't figure out a way to send you an email, and I can't post without using Passport -- which I don't want to do.
Keep up the good work, and don't listen to the wingnuts who want to tear you down. They're all a bunch of assholes anyway.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.