Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise: The Monkey Writes Back

Well, you could have knocked me over with a fender, but little Larry Richards actually answered my frothing at the mouth diatribe email of yesterday.

Here's what he had to say for himself:

Well Dennis, here is the truth. If the Bush Twins were killed Bartcop, his readers and all the left would stand up and cheer.
So my email is no worse that what you and Bartcop would say.
I really don't wish harm on anyone but it seems that the Democrats are filled with nothing but hate, I thought I would show them how it feels.
So, naturally I wrote him back. But I have to admit, I wasn't as fervid as I was in my original letter:
"Stand up and cheer?" That is simply not true.
You obviously have not read Bartcop very much or you wouldn't say that. You obviously do not know very many liberals or others of the left or you would not say that. I am as left as you can get, and even I would say that it was a tragedy if the Bush Twins went to Iraq and were killed. Just as much a tragedy as the 1830 dead Americans who have already been killed in this misbegotten war, and for no good reason.
So no, no one that I know -- and I am active in many left-wing and liberal causes, from Veterans for Peace to Vietnam Veterans Against the War to the Democratic Party -- would feel happy about the deaths of the Bush Twins.
I really don't know where you would get this idea. Innocent victims are NEVER anything to cheer about, but oddly enough I seem to hear it from the rightwing all the time.
So then he writes back THIS little gem:
So why does Bartcop call Laura Bush a murderer for a car wreck she had as a teenager?
I think he is so filled with hate as is [sic] the rest of the liberals who have made death treats against me.
And my final missive to him:
So...let me see if I have this straight. Bart calls Laura Bush a "murderer" (not that I believe that he EVER used that phrase, although I have neither the time nor the inclination to actually go and look it up) because she was involved in a questionably-investigated highly suspicious car wreck when she was a teenager that JUST HAPPENED to kill her ex-boyfriend, and to you this is totally morally equivalent to crowing about the deaths of TWO LITTLE BOYS who weren't even old enough to shave, let alone form a political opinion?????
Is THAT what you are saying?
I was right -- you are NOT part of the reality-based community.
So long, Larry. I wish I could say that this has been fun, but it really hasn't.
If I were a religious man, I would pray for your salvation, which appears to be in jeopardy.
Oh, and if you say something that inflammatory, I don't think you really ought to be surprised if someone HATES you for it and, yes, even sends you a "death threat". Not that it is ever justified, of course, but come on, Larry. Really.
And although he probably doesn't know it, this is the end of our brief but meaningful relationship. I have to move on. We have a war to stop and a president to impeach.

* * * * *
Addendum 11:03 PM: Old Larry just had to have the last word:
Bartcop is a vile piece of garbage. I said those things to get under his skin. How is Laura's car wreck questionable? I am sure it was 30 years ago. Political wackos like to dig up the past and try to make a conspiracy out of everything. Accidents do happen but liberals think they are always part of some evil plan. Like I said before, I don't wish harm on anyone. But I can tell from the tone of your email that you are also filled with hate.
The tone of my email? What was it, my calling you an asshole? Calling you a coward, a loser, an" acne-faced pimple-assed adolescent scumbag"? Calling you a "Republican-puke neocon child-molesting pus-oozing invective-drooling mouth-breathing borderline-moron semi-human Nazi motherfucker"? Gee, Larry, do you think I ought to watch that "hostile" tone? Especially when I am dealing with those who are living proof that the whole theory of "Intelligent Design" is a bogus hoax and a theocratic fraud?

Oh, and you don't wish harm on anyone? How about the hapless parents of those two small boys whose tragic deaths you so eagerly exploited for your own weak-kneed self-aggrandizement? How do you think they'll feel when they hear about that you are using the deaths of their sons to make a political point? To score a hit, to count coup, on a self-described tequila-drinking Okie with an IQ of 64?

1 Comment:

merlallen said...

He wrote back to me with the same bullshit. I called him on it, but don't expect a reply.