Sunday, August 21, 2005

Cindy, This Is Why We Love You

In a no-holds-barred guest column on Buzzflash entitled Hypocrites and Liars, Cindy Sheehan once again lays it on the line.

Excerpt:

One thing I haven't noticed or become aware of though is an increased number of pro-war, pro-Bush people on the other side of the fence enlisting to go and fight George Bush's war for imperialism and insatiable greed. The pro-peace side has gotten off their apathetic butts to be warriors for peace and justice.

Where are the pro-war people? Everyday at Camp Casey we have a couple of anti-peace people on the other side of the road holding up signs that remind me that "Freedom isn't Free," but I don't see them putting their money where their mouths are. I don't think they are willing to pay even a small down payment for freedom by sacrificing their own blood or the flesh of their children.

I still challenge them to go to Iraq and let another soldier come home. Perhaps a soldier that is on his/her third tour of duty, or one that has been stop-lossed after serving his/her country nobly and selflessly, only to be held hostage in Iraq by power mad hypocrites who have a long history of avoiding putting their own skin in the game.
You go, girlfriend.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Cindy Sheehan. Words fail me, she is just a driving force. No matter what, she STANDS UP AND SAYS THE TRUTH. She has my utmost respect, and I truly think she will change the world. Courage, caring, compassion. Cindy.