Wednesday, October 12, 2005

You Just Can't Make This Shit Up

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: Reality trumps fiction. Every time. I'm a novelist, and even I couldn't come up with this kind of crap.

"Pickles" Bush says that the resistance to Harriet Fuck-the-Constitution Miers is due to "sexism"... I kid you not. Here's the link to the Reuters story.

Poor Pickles. Imagine what it must be like to be married to Baby Doc. She deserves all the sympathy...well, that she deserves. Which is none. She must have known what she was getting into, and if the wants to keep on being the Stepford First Lady, far be it from me to call bullshit on it. She is an educated woman, a librarian, for chrissake. Surely she has to know what she's gotten herself into. She's like Kay, the Diane Keaton character in The Godfather, but without her final steely resolve. Come on, Laura, grow a spine. But we know you won't -- you'll just drink the Koolaid with the rest of the members of the BFEE.

In the meantime, we can avoid all those inconvenient and pesteringly dull arguments about Miers' lack of qualifications, her lack of judicial acumen, her lack of personal judgment ("the most brilliant man I've ever met..."), etc. by saying that all of the resistance to her nomination is due to... sexism.

Yeah, that's gonna work. Go with that, Pickles. If I were you, I'd be off working on my "Nuremburg" defense -- you know, where you take the Albert Speer ( the "good Nazi") approach: You were just doing your job and you didn't really know what was going on.

0 Comments: