Monday, June 05, 2006

God, Guns and Gays

Let's see... An illegal occupation of Iraq that keeps dragging on with no end in sight, no "victory" possible, and an American death toll of over 2400 and counting. Children going to bed hungry. Fifty million people without health care. A Walmart economy that continues to add jobs that don't pay a living wage while at the same time "outsourcing" real jobs to India and China. Record high gas prices coupled with record high profits for Big Oil. A ballooning deficit that should be a firebell in the night for the so-called party of fiscal responsibility. A federal government that is out of control and spying on innocent Americans. A culture of corruption that has taken over Congress and the Executive Branch.

Yep, wo do have some real problems in this country. So what's the GOP's answer to all this? Why, it's simple: Remove the so-called "death tax" (which currently affects only those who die with assets in excess of four million dollars, or 0.5% of the American populace), and of course deal with those old tried-and-true issues of gay marriage and flag burning, to be corrected by passing Constitutional amendments to ban them.

Cynic that I am, I can't help but see all of this is some more of that good ole god, guns and gays posturing by the Repugnicans who are anxious to deflect the attention of the Moron-American voting bloc away from the real problems by getting them to focus on those "values" issues that the GOP is so good at exploiting.

But hey, it's a post-9/11 world out there, and if you're not with us, you're with the terrorists. Yikes, there goes one now! It's a flag-burning faggot out to marry your brother, confiscate all of your guns and tax your death!

7 Comments:

jae said...

'It's a flag-burning faggot out to marry your brother, confiscate all of your guns and tax your death!'

I would rather have a flag burning faggot marry my brother than any of the freaks in the US Government.

And I ain't got no guns 'cos I canna afford 'em....and you can just put my 'Death Tax' on my Visa card where all the other shit that I have ta pay for that I canna pay cash fer are....

Granny said...

It just occurred to me when I clicked on your comments that not only has Bush and his cohorts forced Congress to waste their time with this crap, almost every blog I've visited (including my own) has led with it even though we're almost sure it's doomed.

And we all drew almost the same conclusions.

I hope this whole thing comes back to bite him in the ass (and that's as much profanity as you're apt to hear from me).

Unknown said...

Here, Here, Farnsworth. Once again, it's well-said. Personally, I think Georgie boy is trying to "do" something to help his party not suffer the big stinking loss they are going to suffer in November by appealing to the sensitivities of the Christian right and the ever-increasing Latino population of the country (the immigration thing). However, it's useless because no one in their right mind will vote in an anti-gay marriage amendment at this point in time, and if you're here illegally, you can't vote. DUH!!!!

merlallen said...

51% of Americans disapprove of gay marriage. 70% of Americans disapprove of George Bush.
Yes, he is more unpopular than gay marriage. Can we amend the Constitution to force him out?

Part of that was stolen from Jay Leno.

JBlue said...

Ha, Jae, the choir hears you. Been there, doing that....

Good post, POV, and I agree. Red herrings, and really stinky ones at that.

Farnsworth68 said...

And if the hypocritical motherfuckers were truly serious about "preserving the sanctity of marriage", they'd be talking about making divorce illegal and criminalizing adultery.
Adultery leads to divorce, and there's nothing like a good old divorce to play havoc with the "sanctity" of marriage.
Of course, that would cut down on the extracurricular activities of about 90% of the hypocrites in the GOP...

Anonymous said...

Farnsworth,

My last name is Bush, I am a regestered republican, I believe Jesus is God, I am a vietnam era vetern, I am not gay.

besides having all this against me.

I think your blog is a breath of fresh air, may God bless you.