Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Judas Factor?

It was with an oddly oxymoronic combination of simultaneous snicker and cringe when I saw that James Carville (you know, Mr Mary Matalin, Mr James "I'm-Not-a-Liberal-But-I-Play-One-on-TV" Carville, Mr "Leniency-for-Scooter-Libby" Carville) lambasted New Mexico governor Bill Richardson as a "Judas" for having the temerity, the gall, to come out in support of Barack Obama.

I can understand an unconsidered and unfortunate outburst in a fit of pique (not surprisingly, I am not above that myself...), but when Carville refused to "take it back", and said he was glad he said it, it started me thinking about the Clinton Camp.

The true-believers obviously think that she is entitled to be president, to the point where they are willing to say anything, do anything, to ensure her victory over Obama, and god help those in the inner circle who are willing to step outside and do something that is against the creed.

It reminds me of the Scientologists and other closed-cult religions when someone strays from the True Path -- the True Believers they left behind are under a non-negotiable obligation to shun them.

So ... is the Church of Hillary a cult? Is that why Carville used "The J Word" (on Easter Sunday, no less)? To start the shunning of Richardson, and send a message to the other True Believers in the Clinton Camp that they'd better not be seen to be wavering in their blind obedience and unquestioning loyalty?

I'm just asking.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

"It reminds me of the Scientologists and other closed-cult religions when someone strays from the True Path -- the True Believers they left behind are under a non-negotiable obligation to shun them."

Hey Farns, I have another really good example of someone being shunned for straying off the true path by th nazi brownshirters... Look what happens if you're a demoncrat and you happen to believe that the war in Iraq was a good thing!!! Ask Joe Liberman what happens to you for having a thought that isn't allowed by your masters.