Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Had Enough Religious Bullshit?

Yeah, me too. And that's the question asked by a newly stumbled-upon website, H.E.R.B.

Among many other notable and worthy entries you'll find the following:

I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for president.
-- George W. Bush, quoted in George Magazine, September, 2000

I would like to thank Providence and the Almighty for choosing me of all people to be allowed to wage this battle for Germany.
-- Adolf Hitler

A person who is guided by God will never be misguided by anyone.
-- Osama Bin Laden

We're being guided by God.
-- Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson

George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States. He was appointed by God.
-- Lt. Gen. William Boykin, the defense undersecretary in charge
of hunting down top terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan


Nothing [Bush] does can be challenged on moral grounds, however unethical or evil it might appear, because all of his actions are directed by God. He can twist the truth, oppress the poor, exalt the rich, despoil the earth, ignore the law--and murder children--without the slightest compunction, the briefest moment of doubt or self-reflection, because he believes, he truly believes, that God squats in his brainpan and tells him what to do.
-- Chris Floyd, CounterPunch, 7/30/03

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.
-- George Bush Sr., to a reporter in 1988

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider to be God-fearing and pious.
-- Aristotle, 343 B.C.

He [God] is using me, all the time, everywhere, to stand up for a biblical worldview in everything that I do and everywhere I am.
-- Disgraced former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay

Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this.
--Lt Gen William Boykin, speaking of G. W. Bush,
New York Times, 17 October 2003


He [Rumsfeld] leads in a way that the Good Lord tells him is best for our country.
-- Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

God gave the savior to the German people. We have faith, deep and unshakeable faith, that he was sent to us by God to save Germany.
--Hermann Goering, speaking of Hitler
It's good stuff. Check it out.

2 Comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I'm so glad to see somebody that pays attention. I have screamed about what "God" is doing to this country....and everybody thinks I'm nuts.

Anonymous said...

You have made my day!
--SuLee