Thursday, November 29, 2007

Veterans for Kucinich -- Update

A couple of days ago I was bewailing the fact that there doesn't seem to be a "Veterans for Kucinich" entity out there in the ether of the Internets.

Guess I spoke too soon, since I did a little more research and found that there is, indeed, a group calling itself Veterans for Dennis.

It's part of the Kucinich Action website, and I wish they'd made it a little more prominent.

Nevertheless, it IS there, and I encourage all of my fellow veterans to drop by and add yourself to the Veterans for Dennis group. The more veterans that come out of the closet and support Dennis Kucinich, the better off his campaign will be.

3 Comments:

jae said...

Why do you like Kucinich over Ron Paul?

Farnsworth68 said...

That's a good question.
Short answer: Basically because I am a hard-core left-winger and an unabashed liberal.
Ron Paul has some excellent things going for him (e.g. being against the Iraq War), but his platform is at its core Libertarian, and I disagree with many of the movements basic tenets. I believe that government has a strong responsibility and a "sacred" duty to do certain things (feed the hungry, house the homeless, ensure universal health care, etc) that are anathema to the Libertarians.
I do not subscribe to the anti-liberal propaganda that Saint Ronald spouted, him and his "government is not the solution, government is the problem" bullshit.
I worked in state government for 31 years, and I saw, up close and personal, the change for the worse in the public's perception of government employees and the services we provided that this attitude spawned.
In addition, I took the Choose Your Candidate test, and came up with Kucinich miles ahead of everyone else when it came to the beliefs and values that are important to me.

jae said...

HA!
The Choose Your Candidate page put me at a score of 44 for Kucinich.....