Friday, January 04, 2008

Progressive Message Wins in Iowa

A couple of things are really encouraging about the Iowa caucus results. One is that the 200,000+ turnout is almost unprecedented -- and gratifying. The other is that almost 2/3 of the people showing up for the Dem caucuses don't support Hillary.

Whatever Big Mo she had going in, whatever mojo she thought she had working for her, fell flat. People are smart enough that they can see that she's Rethug Lite, and they are rejecting it.

My boy Dennis Kucinich -- well, he didn't do so well, but he's still hanging in there, despite the fact that Dodd and Biden are early casualties and have announced that they are getting out of the race.

But the fight isn't over. Counting those so-called Super Delegates already pledged to her, Hillary still leads by over 100 delegates in the overall race for the nomination. Now watch her start going negative in an effort to beat back the progressives. Here's hoping that it doesn't work.

Jeez, watching politics is more fun than watching football.

2 Comments:

C-dell said...

I thought I was the only one who saw her as a republican in disguise

Unknown said...

Nope..I see her for what she is too c-dell ;>)

Kucinich is my candidate of choice too. I am sick of people telling me he won't win and its a wasted vote. fark em. Its my vote and its my conscience.