Friday, January 25, 2008

Kucinich Quits Quest for Presidency

It wasn't surprising that it happened, but it kind of took me off guard that it happened fairly early in the campaign. I thought that he would at least wait a couple of weeks, until after Super Tuesday, to do it.

But in the long run, it was probably smart to do it now. This way those of us who were going to vote for him in the primaries -- or in my case my party caucus -- can jump over to another candidate.

Now the only problem is which one. As I've said before, I will actively support ANY Democratic presidential candidate over any Rethug, since the Dem will be several orders of magnitude better than the Rethug when it comes to appointments to the Supreme Court.

Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

monkey said...

i have to admit it with you as well, it is not surprising that it happened, just when it did.

i just wish i could trust my vote with the other candidates the way i did with kucinich.

Farnsworth68 said...

Yeah, it's more than a little disappointing that the guy representing the Democratic Wing of the Democratic Party got aced out, mostly though the fault of the MSM/SCLM.
Even though he's a little too slick, a little too phony (and I still remain pissed at him from his lackluster appearance opposite Dickless Cheney in the VP debate) now I'm leaning towards John Edwards, whose rhetoric, at least, represents the most progressive direction of the so-called top three.

Anonymous said...

Farnsworht, leaning towards Edwards?