Monday, January 14, 2008

The "Air America" Cruise

It's official.

I, along with She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and another liberal/radical couple who are close friends of ours, are taking the Air America cruise next month.

It will be my first cruise, and I figure it's better to be on one with a bunch of like-minded liberals instead of a bunch of rich Republican stuffed shirts.

It ought to be a blast. Featured on the program will be presentations by the likes of my favorite Air America heroes, Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes and Rachel Maddow, along with such "lesser stars" in the liberal talk radio firmament, Lionel, Richard Greene, Mark Green and Jon Elliott, along with some of my absolute favorite left-wing pundits, Paul Krugman, Jim Hightower, and Marc Sussman.

Even though you're basically required to play dressup on at least two nights (I don't even own a tuxedo and at this point in my life I figure I really don't need one, but I figure that a black sports coat and my trusty black Levis ought to do it up just fine), it ought to be a ton of fun, and it's something that I'm really looking forward to.

The boat leaves San Diego on the evening of February 23, bound for exotic ports of call in Mexico, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, and returns to San Diego on the morning of March 1.

I hope as many of you as possible can make this cruise. I'm excited to meet all of these guys (and get autographs on their books -- I'll have a broken back from lugging a suitcase full of them), but I would be even more excited to be able meet those of my regular readers as can make it.

If you are planning on going on the cruise, send me an email at farnsworth68-AT-yahoo.com and I'll be sure that we get a lot of "face time" while we're on the boat.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Farnsworth! This is so cool. I'm green with envy, but I'm hoping you'll have a fab time with the lefties.

billie said...

ooh! have fun. i have only ever been on one cruise- with the inlaws- so yours sounds way better :) you will have the opportunity to eat and drink until your insides burst and the food will be fantastic. i spent an inordinate amount of time in the cabin reading because i don't gamble and i saw the acts once through- but hey, i didn't have stimulating conversation either. oh- and unless you are at the captain's table- your attire will be just fine :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, PO'd Veteran!! My husband and I will meet you on the OOSTERDAM...We're not veterans, but we're plenty pissed off by the state of affairs in this country. My husband doesn't have a tux either. I'm looking forward to meeting She Who Must Be Obeyed. Sounds to me like she's doing something right!

WahooWriter13 said...

Hey PO, my husband and his brother are both retired Army. We'll be on the cruise. Stop us to say hello if you see us with name tags: Goertz.

Farnsworth68 said...

So, advoc8 and wahoowriter13, drop me an email at farnsworth68-AT-yahoo.com and we'll make plans to meet up on board.
--The F Man

Anonymous said...

My wife and I will look you up on the cruise....I don't have a yahoo email account!
Army 68-71

Farnsworth68 said...

Hey, mlp. You don't need a yahoo account to send an email. Just send it using your regular email program/account.
See you on board!

Anonymous said...

"One Pissed Off Veteran"
I spotted this and thought that you were the veteran on the cruise. Remember the guy who stood up and told Randi that McCain was NOT a "true American hero". Turns out, he had a lot of support in the audience.
The ship was nice enough but I was not prepared for the control of Air America. Sooo many current topics and clearly a biased panel. I wish we could have had a show of hands or a caucus to decide on opening the closed topic of the Israeli lobby. Randi brought it up to tell us we would NOT be touching THAT topic. Sad. Pricy cruise, no meat.

Anonymous said...

Pennylane100

we want to go but I have a phobia about bugs and lizards and my husband says there will be plenty in mexico, so I am not sure if it is worth it to meet all my hereos.