Wednesday, December 12, 2007

We Found Who's Responsible: It's You. It's Me.

At first I thought this had to be some kind of a joke, but it turns out it's true. NBC's David Gregory actually said that -- get this -- bloggers are to blame for the polarization in politics!

Bloggers?! Jesus, give me a fucking break.

I could go on a rampage here and start screaming out all of the ways that this is just wrong, but I see that fellow blogger Words of Power has already done it for me:

Yes, of course, it was the bloggers who polarized the US body politic.
The bloggers spent $50 million plus on Ken Starr's rogue investigation, which was coordinated with the work of the privately funded, reich-wing "Arkansas Project."
The bloggers shackled Susan McDougal and sent her to jail.
The bloggers impeached a popular President at a time of peace and economic prosperity over testimony in a civil suit involving sexual intercourse.
The bloggers issued that voluminous report on Bill Clinton's dalliance with Monica Lewinsky, and posted it on the WWW.
And that's just for starters. Power goes on in that vein for a long ways and never repeats himself once.

Way to go, my brother blogger. And now, as you know, I gotta be gettin' back to my 24/7 mission of polarization.

So much politics, so little time...

[Thanx to my good friend BAC over at Yikes! for the lead]

5 Comments:

Marc McDonald said...

Hi Farnsworth,
Nice job with your blog. I run
a progressive blog myself and I was wondering
if you'd like to swap links.
I now have your blog linked in the left column on all the pages of my blog:
http://www.beggarscanbechoosers.com

Can you please give me a linkback in your blog links section?
I'd sure appreciate it. Keep up the good work.
Sorry for this approach in your comments section, but I couldn't find an email contact on your site.

Marc McDonald
BeggarsCanBeChoosers.com

Farnsworth68 said...

Hi, Marc--
Thanks for the comments, and they are especially appreciated coming from a "former" journalist.
The linkswap is done, and you're now in my blogroll.
BTW, I don't have my email listed because I don't want to be spammed by the Religious Right, Rethug operatives, or moronic marketeers.
Before I had the blog I had a "Veterans for Kerry" page and it generated so much hate mail from those fuckers on the right that I made the decision not to let them have an easy way to contact me this time around.
Keep up the good work yourself. You are now on my Must Read Daily list.

Marc McDonald said...

Hi, Farnsworth,
Thanks a bunch. Yes, I can understand re: the spam issue. By the way, if you get a lot of spam, I recommend MailWasher, a free program that I find very useful for deleting spam.
Thanks for the link and your kind words.

Marc McDonald
BeggarsCanBeChoosers.com

Farnsworth68 said...

BTW, Marc, I don't see your email address on your blog, either.
Or am I just missing it (a very real possibility at my age...)?
--The F Man

BAC said...

Hey, thanks for the link. I love the kitten/crow video!


BAC