Thursday, December 13, 2007

Teacher Suspended over "Letter from Hell"

Here's some news from the Northern Tier: An 8th grade health class teacher in North Dakota was suspended for three weeks after he made a video entitled "Letter from Hell" a mandatory part of his class. And after a smart parent complained about it.

You probably won't be seeing this one in the MSM/SCLM anytime soon. All I could find were a bunch of local news stories about it.

This so-called Letter from Hell, in case you are wondering, is a fundo Xian propaganda piece which is supposedly narrated by a dead teenager who is now in hell and bewailing the fact that he did not come to know Jesus when he was alive, and blaming his Xian best friend for not introducing the two of them.

I haven't seen the whole thing, but I did give it a try. As you can imagine, it's stupid beyond belief, and even the little bit that I managed to keep down was enough to convince me that the teacher had stepped way over the line. I'm glad that he was suspended for three weeks because of showing it, but that's not enough. At least a couple of months without pay would have been more like it. That would send a strong message to those infiltrating fifth-column public school "educators" who are trying to push their Fundo Faith down the throats of America's children that we as a society will not stand for it.

As I do periodically, I urge everyone to join Americans United for Separation of Church and State and let's do all we can to keep that Wall in place. And it would be a good idea for all parents -- all taxpayers -- to regularly monitor what is going down in our children's classrooms. These people are insidious and they won't stop trying to push their agenda. It's up to all of us to prevent them from spreading it inside the public schools.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I did watch all 7:04 minutes of it. I've reached a point where nothing surprises me anymore about how far religious "warriors" will stoop to scare children into believing what they want them to believe; it sickens me.

On a lighter note, at least we know the mail gets through from the other side.

SuLee

Anonymous said...

I agree that too many people try to shove belief down others throat without love... However the message is true and for each individual! Death is a "I" event and each individual will stand before God. The Book of life is real, and if you don't believe now you will regret it when you see it!
(Philippians 2:9-11 (NLT)-Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.)

Farnsworth68 said...

So I guess I'm gonna be one of those sad regretees. But if your god is real, then I'm gonna have a lot of company there who are gonna be in for a big surprise: Baby Doc Bush, Ted Haggard, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et al, all of whom draw near to Jesus with their lips but deny him in their actions.
And you have missed the entire point of this post. I could give a shit if the teacher wants to proselytize his weird-assed religion on his own time, but he can't do it on the school district's dime. We still have separation of church and state in this country, and it benefits people like you as well as people like me.
Wake up buddy. It's later than you think.