Saturday, April 22, 2006

V for Vendetta

I just got back from a showing of V for Vendetta. All I can say is "wow"... If you haven't seen this film yet, go out NOW and see it. It is the most powerful film I have seen for quite some time, and the best one I've seen in years.

My favorite line (there were so many): "The people should not be afraid of their government; the government should be afraid of the people."

I came a little late to the party (I don't like crowds, so I tend to wait until the waning days of a film's engagement at the local cineplex to watch it) so everyone has probably already seen it. Or knows about it. Or has read the graphic novel, which is where I first came into contact with the character V, way back in the early 80s.

Nevertheless, if you haven't seen it, go! If you don't like theaters, then get in line at the video rental store and see it when it is released on video.

2 Comments:

nunya said...

It's a good one! Hey, I don't like crowds either.

Anonymous said...

Amazing.