Sunday, November 27, 2005

Today's Quiz

It's time for another episode of Who Said It and When. Put on your thinking caps and see if you can identify the big-time Repugnican thug who said the following:

  1. "So many minority youths had volunteered that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself." -- Explaining at the 1988 GOP convention why he and vice presidential nominee Dan Quayle did not fight in the Vietnam War.

  2. "Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" -- To three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 9, 2005.

  3. "I AM the federal government." -- To the owner of Ruth's Chris Steak House, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal government regulations banning smoking in the building, May 14, 2003.

  4. "I am not a federal employee. I am a constitutional officer. My job is the Constitution of the United States, I am not a government employee. I am in the Constitution." -- CNN interview, Dec. 19, 1995.

  5. "Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting taxes." -- March 12, 2003.

You probably already guessed it: It was the Bugman himself, our old buddy Tom Delay, soon to be appearing in prison blues.

What an asshole. And god damn those minorities for preventing him and Danny Quayle from doing their patriotic duty and fighting in Vietnam.

Motherfucker.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Had Mr. Delay volunteered in '67 I guarantee we would have found space for him.