Tuesday, November 29, 2005

One Veteran's Voice: A Must Read

For an excellent brief analysis of the Mess-o-potamia and the actions of one George W. Bush, see One Veteran's Voice As goes Israel. He actually holds out some hope, something I haven't seen for a while.

His blog is a must-read -- I have it on my "daily list" set of tabs (Firefox) and never miss it. It's a welcome new voice here in Left Blogistan, bringing the unique perspective of the recently returned Iraqi War veteran to the blogosphere.

Here is an excerpt that sounds like the thoughts of just about every Vietnam veteran that I know:

I simply cannot stand by idly as more people die. It stains my conscience. I can accept that the cause I fought for was true and just, but ultimately foolhardy. Truth is--when I was fighting I was more concerned with my the immediate survival of myself and my comrades than any political goals. Democracy was the furthest thing from my mind when I was blasting people with a 7.62mm machine gun.
Check out his blog over at One Veteran's Voice. You'll be glad you did.

0 Comments: