When you're as active on the Internets as I am, you get signed up with all kinds of entities.
Like the Republican Party.
Which is why I got an invitation to fill our their "State of the Party" survey online. Some of the questions are hilarious, kind of the "have you stopped beating your wife" variety:
· A recent national poll reported that nearly 25% of Americans want the government to pass more socialism. Do you agree or disagree?I have no idea where those suspiciously-regular "25%" numbers come from or what poll they are talking about, since it isn't identified, but that doesn't really matter to the Rethugs. After all, they are proudly not a part of the Reality-Based Community.
· Do you oppose so-called "card-check" legislation, which eliminates secret ballot elections during unionization drives and puts workers at risk of intimidation by labor bosses?
· Should Republicans unite in opposition to judicial nominees who bring a personal, left-wing agenda on social issues to their jobs as judges?
· Do you support the use of air strikes against any country that offers safe harbor or aid to individuals or organizations committed to further attacks on America?
· Should bureaucrats in Washington, DC be in charge of making your health care choices instead of you and your doctor?
Go check out the survey for yourself and answer the questions.
Feel free to skew their results -- they'd do it to us if they had the chance. They ask for a name and an email address, but that's no problem for those of us who have "anonymous" accounts with GMail or Yahoo.