Sunday, April 12, 2009

The "Mormon Blacklist"

Apparently there's a Mormon Blacklist, which you get put on if you are critical of The One True Church.

I don't know for sure that I am on it, but if I am not, it's not for lack of trying.

And I really don't know what the downside is of being on The List. Maybe when Jesus comes back, it's one of those "Jesus is coming! Look busy! Oops, sucks to be you, Farnsworth" things. I just don't know.

But if I am, in fact, on that blacklist, then all I can say is "Thank you!"

If the Mormon Cult is correct in its weird theology, then the worst that can happen is that I will be bound for the "Outer Darkness", where there will be much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth...

But, in the words of musical genius Billy Joel, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints; the sinners have much more fun"...

'Nuff said.

9 Comments:

Tengrain said...

Wow - You have a great blog - how come I'm only just now finding you?

Anyway, I'm blogrolling you at Mock, Paper, Scissors.

Regards,

Tengrain

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, TG. If memory serves, we actually met each other in Washington DC last November at the Americans United conference/training.

Terrible said...

I don't stop in often enough Farnsworth! But I did make a swing by yesterday and when I saw this post I had to send the link the Anntichrist S. Coulter over at Mark of the Beast. And as I expected she loved it(her words!) since she's probably on the list too and is frequently pointing out the ummmmmm attributes of the Mormon Church. Anyway she asked that I link to your post over there and I just have.

And I'll try to get by more often!!

lawguy said...

First link no longer works. Hmmm part of the conspiracy?

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks for the heads up, lg. Part of the conspiracy? Possibly...
But it's fixed now.
And everyone, take a look at lawguy's blog, Dirty Hippy Lawyer. It's definitely worth your time.
And Terrible, thanks for stopping by and thanks for reading. Here's a link to your blog, Mark of the Beast. "Antichrist Coulter"? I love that!
-- The F-Man

Anonymous said...

I am retired from military here and have voiced my opinions on several jobs after the military here in Utah and now I have been unemployed since 2009 even with two bachelors degrees. I am blacklisted and pissed.

Anonymous said...

Being on the blacklist means that any doctor , dentist , lawyer ,or business owner that is Mormon won't do business with you

Farnsworth68 said...

Hi, Anon. I don't get many comments on these old posts. Welcome.
Does that mean that there's a Master List that gets sent around, so they will know that I am on the Blacklist? Can I get one of those?

Anonymous said...

The "List" resides in your church file and is in a code that you can read if you have ever been in the bishopric. There is no blacklist "masterlist". You have to know the jargon with the nods and attached sarcasm.

"employer" > should I hire joe smith from Parowan, what have you heard about him?
"friend, former employer, church member, bishop," > He's a great worker and you could not go wrong if you hired him. He did have some problems in the past but I think he has them straightened out now, I just don't know. Hey, did you hear what happened to old nelson? he hired a couple men the other day and they ripped him off.
but ol joe, you can't do no wrong by him.