Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's Almost Easter. Will Jesus Have a Sword Fight?

It all started out with a school permission slip pre-checked to indicate that Australian David Thorne gives his permission for his child Seb to attend a religious presentation:



Note the Easter Bunny preparing to drop an egg-bomb on the head of the guy carrying the cross (aka Jesus).

What ensues is a series of emails between parent David Thorne and one Darryl Robinson, school chaplain (in a public school no less -- it appears the Aussies aren't as far down the path of separation as we are):
Dear Darryl,
I have received your permission slip featuring what I can only assume is a levitating rabbit about to drop an egg on Jesus.
Thank you for pre-ticking the permission box as this has saved me not only from having to make a choice, but also from having to make my own forty five degree downward stroke followed by a twenty percent longer forty five degree upward stroke. Without your guidance, I may have drawn a picture of a cactus wearing a hat by mistake.
As I trust my offspring's ability to separate fact from fantasy, I am happy for him to participate in your indoctrination process on the proviso that all references to 'Jesus' are replaced with the term 'Purportedly Magic Jew.'
Regards, David.
As you can imagine, the content of the emails becomes more hilarious at each exchange, including this deathless one:
If we accept though, that Jesus was the son of an Infinite Being capable of anything, he probably did have a Playstation. Probably a Playstation 7. I know I have to get my offspring all the latest gadgets. God would probably have said to him, "I was going to wait another two thousand years to give you this but seeing as you have been good... just don't tell your mother about Grand Theft Auto."
Also, is it true that Jesus can be stabbed during a sword fight and be ok due to the fact that he can only die if he gets his head chopped off?
Read the entire interchange between Thorne and Robinson. Towards the end Robinson actually seems to get offended by Thorne. Go figure...

0 Comments: