Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Obama Attack Watch

As expected, the rightwing smear machine is in full court press. The latest attack is a viral email that accuses Obama of removing the American flag from the tail of his campaign plane and replacing it with -- shock -- his own logo!

Here's the full text of the email:

Subject: A Disgrace
I just looked this up on Snopes; it is true.
Obama Removes American Flag From His Plane
Barack Obama recently finished a $500,000 total overhaul of his 757. And as part of the new design, he decided to remove the American flag from the tail...
What American running for President of the United States would remove the symbol of his country? And worse, he replaced the flag with it with a symbol of himself...
Please forward this on if you're not ashamed of your country or it's [sic] flag & think this is a disgrace!
If my correspondent had only taken the time to actually READ the Snopes article, he would have seen that the American flag on the tail of the leased plane is a registered trademark of North American Air, that there is an American flag on the plane, next to its registration number, and that refurbishing/repainting a campaign plane is normal in politics these days.

But, as usual, facts mean nothing to these people.

Why I continue to get these is another story, but I'm willing to let my correspondents think that I welcome them. In point of fact, I do welcome them. If it weren't for my political troglodyte friends, I wouldn't know about them.

0 Comments: