Monday, August 25, 2008

BTW, Did I Mention that I Was a POW...?

Jesus, how many times is the SCLM/MSM going to let Grampaw McCain go to the same well before they figure out what he's doing?

· How many houses? Doesn't matter, because I spent 5 1/2 years in one house -- in North Vietnam!

· Cheating on his wife? Doesn't matter, because when I was a POW I wasn't "getting any" at all.

· Keating Five? It was only a little over $100,000 -- chump change, really -- and did I tell you that when I was a POW I had no money at all?

· Healthcare Plan? Did I mention that when I was a "guest" of the North Vietnamese I had no health care at all?

· Playing fast and loose with the so-called Saddleback Forum? Hey, I WAS a POW, you know? Did I forget to mention that?

Give me a fucking break. Yeah, he was a POW. Everybody knows that, but not everybody is willing to cut him as much slack as he's demanding for that 5 1/2 years -- which comes out to something like 13% of his entire life. He shouldn't expect to use his POW experience as a Get Out of Jail Free card for the rest of his life.

I'm getting a little sick and tired of it, and he's politicizing his military service -- prostituting it, really -- just to satisfy his sick and twisted ambition to become president. For him to continue doing this cheapens and demeans the military service of everyone else, and those of us who refuse to use our military service as shields against criticism of our bad behavior are not well served by this sad husk of a former military hero.

Remember what Farnsworth always says: A veteran voting for John McCain is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

8 Comments:

Rufus said...

I agree. And given that republicans have freaked out every time that Obama has even approached playing the race card, you'd think they'd have a problem with him constantly playing the POW card.

Anonymous said...

I also agree that it is shameful that Mcbush is prostituting his Naval career.

jae said...

"Remember what Farnsworth always says: A veteran voting for John McCain is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders."

Did you see 'Body of War'?
Tomas Young says the same thing about voting....not sure if he saw your blog or not...you need to see the film though...

http://www.bodyofwar.com/

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, Jae. It actually kind of surprises me that more people haven't picked up on my slogan.
I haven't seen the film yet, but it's in my Netflix Queue for when it gets released in October.
Here's a clickable link to the Body of War Website.

Ben There said...

My friend, I must vehemently AGREE with this fine piece here. McSame, McPain, McLame, McDrain...

Somebody needs to alert the media that being a POW doesn't qualify one to be president.

Miss TNT said...

I'm the sister of a 2 time Iraq War Veteran suffering from PTSD, the girlfriend of a 3 Time Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran who is suffering a TBI, and the niece of a 4 time Iraq War Vet. I hear so many military say to me "How can you not vote for McCain?" and the real question should be "How could I????" I've seen firsthand how the Republicans vote for a troop surge all the while cutting the funding for TBI's and the extreme let down of the military's handling of my brother's PTSD.

Needless to say your blog was incredibly refreshing, I'm a first time reader but will definitely be back for more!

Anonymous said...

Several thousand Union troops suffered and died in the Andersonville prison during the civil war. Several thousand American and Allied POW's in WWI. Several million American and Allied POW's in German & Japanese camps in WWII. Over 600 other POW's in Viet Nam. I think McCain needs to put things in perspective.

Anonymous said...

I second MissTNT's remarks. Just found your blog. Great read so far.