Sunday, April 20, 2008

Onward and Upward

Yesterday we had our Democratic Party county convention, and I am proud to announce that I was selected as an Obama delegate to go to the Washington 3rd Congressional District. That's the last step before being selected as a delegate to the national Democratic convention in Denver this summer.

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to try to go farther. The numbers are against me, since there will be only two spots available and I'll be competing with everyone else from the 3rd District who also wants to go to Denver.

From stories I've heard from my friends who managed to fight their way forward in the past, just the campaigning itself is a fulltime job.

And since I'm retired, I don't know if I really want to take on a fulltime job.

Stay tuned for updates.

0 Comments: