Friday, September 07, 2012

Obama Speech Kind of a Letdown, but Kerry! Wow!

Okay, the Democrats convention is over, and while I'm not in the business of picking winners and losers, I gotta say that the president's speech was kind of a letdown.

Of course no one could top Bill Clinton in the "speechifyin'" department, so maybe Obama is suffering from a "pales by comparison" effect. I'm willing to cut him some slack, but I'm a little concerned that his overall lackluster performance will suppress some of the bounce I was expecting him to get from the convention.

Or am I just another whiny-ass liberal who's never satisfied?

I do want to say one thing about the convention, though: If the John Kerry that showed up last night had managed to make an appearance eight years ago, then The Shrub would have been a one-term president and only a footnote to history.



Wow, what a speech! None of that subtly nuanced word salad that Kerry was famous for in the 2008 campaign, when he sounded like he had a mouth full of mush half the time (and a mouthful of shit the other half). This time he came out hitting, and even managed to poke a little fun at himself in the process.


0 Comments: