Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oh, the Irony, the Irony

I swear you can't make this shit up. A "concerned parent" in Texas (surprise) has started a movement to have a book banned from the local school 10th grade reading assignment list.

So what's the book? Huckleberry Finn? Lady Chatterley's Lover? Tropic of Cancer?

Nope, it's -- get this -- Fahrenheit 451!!!

A book about censorship and book burning! And the reading assignment was given out during National Banned Book Week!!

It's just too much. Like I say, you can't make this shit up.

3 Comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Catch22 wasn't fiction. It was a documentary, Bro..(:

Granny said...

When I first read the list of banned (challenged) books this past week, my first thought was for Fahrenheit 451.

Of course they'd hate a book about censorship.

And I'm sure they haven't read it.

Anonymous said...

They probably confused it with the Mike Moore documentary 911?