Friday, June 27, 2008

Vitter and Craig, Together Again

Jeez, when I first heard about this on the radio this morning, I thought it was something out of The Onion.

But no, it turns out to be true. David Vitterand Larry Craig have teamed up to co-sponsor something called The Marriage Protection Amendment, which would define marriage as between man and woman, blah blah blah, as an amendment to the US Constitution.

Okay, maybe it's just me, but if even I were a Rethug Koolaid drinker, I still don't think I'd want the poster boys for extramarital affairs -- and soliciting gay sex in a public bathroom -- to have their names anywhere near my amendment that calls for the sanctity of the union of One Man and One Woman...

It would appear that the Rethugs are in some kind of self-destruct mode here, and I wonder what's behind it.

But nevertheless, I'm still sitting back and enjoying watching The Odd Couple and their drumbeat for the "sanctity" of marriage. Go for it, boys. It's kind of fun to watch, in a pathetic way, these two trying to make everyone forget about their own failings. What's that line from the Xian bible about worrying about a mote in your neighbor's eye while ignoring the 2x4 in your own?

0 Comments: