Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh, the Irony!

I have a very close friend from high school who now lives in Philadelphia and I go there to visit him periodically, so I tend to keep up on the Philly news. Which is how I discovered Will Bunch and his Attytood blog on philly.com. Now I try to read it on a regular basis, and that's where I discovered this little gem: McCain: Most. Ironic. Comment. Ever.

In a CNN interview late last week, McCain said the following: "...every candidate's wife should be treated with respect, and if there's any disrespectful conduct on the part of anyone, those people should be rejected".

Now there is a noble sentiment from Grampaw McCain, no doubt about it. But I guess it's too fucking bad about first wife Carol, who was disfigured in an automobile accident and consequently was callously dropped, like a hot coal from the grasping hands of recently-released torture victim McCain, who, you'd think, would have at least a modicum of sympathy for her plight.

And that's not to mention his publicly dropping the c-bomb on trophy wife Cindy back in 1992. Now there's some real respect for a candidate's wife.

No kids, Irony is NOT dead. It's not even on life supports (unlike McCain, who was voted most likely to be, within the next 18 months...).

In the words of Mark Twain, reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

0 Comments: