Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm Back

And Jesus, what a week it was to be gone! I was out of contact with the outside world for most of the time I was gone, and while I wasn't watching, the shit hit the fan. The Supreme Court decision over Guantánamo, Dennis Kucinich introducing his j'accuse articles of impeachment against Der Monkey Fuehrer, the McClatchy papers exposé of routine torture and death at the hands of Americans against Muslims, Baby Doc trying to molest the German chancellor (again), the untimely death of Tim Russert, John McCain looking and sounding even more out of it than usual, the floods in Iowa, etc etc etc...

I can say, however, that She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and I had a great time on our mini-vacation. We watched the laser light show on the spillway of the Grand Coulee Dam, dug fossils out of a 50-million-year-old lake bed in Republic, saw a moose in a mountain lake northeast of Colville, got ticks on us from walking in the woods, and finally attended the Washington State Democratic convention in Spokane.

0 Comments: