Monday, March 12, 2007

A True Maverick Republican

Texas congressman Ron Paul just announced that he is running for president.

This is the same Ron Paul who penned in 2003 the infamous-in-Rethug-circles "We've Been Neoconned" article condemning the neo-con Stalinists who took over the Republican party.

Compared to John I-love-Jerry-Fallwell-so-much-I-kiss-his-sss-in-public McCain, who has spent the last couple of years sucking up to the Religious Right and pandering to the wingnut neocons, Ron Paul is a true maverick Republican.

I don't agree with a lot of his basically Libertarian positions on a number of issues, but it's really refreshing to see him enter the race. I wish him all the luck in the world and I might even send him a buck or two.

Just to keep the race interesting.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Farnsworth still haven't figured out how to make a HTPP link on a blog but this speech from Ron Paul in a Congress session in 2002 is a GEM . Worth a cut and paste, Subject: Is America becoming a police state?....
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/
congrec2002/cr062702.htm

Where do I send the cash?