Thursday, March 08, 2007

Famous Presidential Quotes

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The buck stops here.
-- Harry S Truman

Beware the influence of the military-industrial complex.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
-- John F. Kennedy

I'm the only president you've got.
-- Lyndon Johnson

I am not a crook.
-- Richard Nixon

Ouch. Who put that there?
-- Jerry Ford

Huh?
-- Ronald Reagan

Atheists are not Americans.
-- George H. W. Bush

I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.
-- Bill Clinton

and finally:

They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program.
-- George W. Bush

I'd say the level of presidential discourse has dropped somewhat over my lifetime. Whaddaya think?

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.”

Abraham Lincoln

The Future Was Yesterday said...

I'd say the level of presidential discourse has dropped somewhat over my lifetime. Whaddaya think?
Only like a rock dropped from a cliff...(:

Anonymous said...

From McKinley to Walmart:
"I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor. It is a symbol of despair. Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country."
President William McKinley
Are we there yet? Discourse and Goods have dropped and so much more...

Anonymous said...

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike. It is its natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson

Not presidential, but close enough.

I wonder when our tyrants are going to bleed for the tree, as numerous patriots have already given their lives. It certainly doesn't bother the war profiteering Whit House.