Friday, August 04, 2006

More Dueling Quotes

Donald Rumsfeld, August 2006:

Senator, I don’t think that’s true. I have never painted a rosy picture. I have been very measured in my words, and you’d have a dickens of a time trying to find instances where I have been excessively optimistic. I understand this is tough stuff.
Donald Rumsfeld, Dec 2002:
It [Afghanistan] is encouraging. They have elected a government through the Loya Jirga process. The Taliban are gone. The al Qaeda are gone.
Donald Rumsfeld, Feb 2003:
It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months. There is no question but that [American forces] would be welcomed
Donald Rumsfeld, Mar 2003:
It happens not to be the area where weapons of mass destruction were dispersed. We know where they are. They’re in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.
I guess when every word out of your mouth for six years has been a lie, you kind of get in the habit of not telling the truth.

Thanks to Thnk Progress for this. They did not have a "dickens of a time" finding them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you know anything about the VA drug benefit program,which seems,thanks to the Bushies, to have expired to those of us who happened to be healthy at some certain cut-off date. Now I need it,as we seem to be getting on in years.
ASSESMENT: COMBAT VETERAN: TOUGH LUCK!

Farnsworth68 said...

I hadn't heard about this, but when I get time I'll check into it.
Thanks for the heads-up.