Thursday, August 17, 2006

Health Update

I went to the doctor today and found out what I had expected all along: I will lose my thumb from the first knuckle down. At least I'll have a little nub left over to do those really important opposible-thumb tricks, like tying my shoes, buttoning up my 501s and pinching young ladies on the butt.

Okay, just kidding about the last, but it's not as bad as it could have been. Of course, it's a little worse than it could have been, too. I found out that they will also do a small excision of the lymph nodes under my arm, to make sure that it hasn't spread.

My surgery is scheduled for September 13. At least it isn't a Friday...

Now, can anyone give me a crash course in base-nine arithmetic?

4 Comments:

Spadoman said...

Good luck Brother. Prayers for all to go well for ya!

Mike Kretzler said...

So sorry. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

As long as you still have the "little
Pissed Off Vet" hanging you gonna be alright. Take Care... SEMPER FI!

reddog said...

Sorry about your thumb. You might want to bug the doc about doing it sooner, like tomorrow. It's not usually a good idea to wait around, especially if they're concerned about metastasis.

GOOD LUCK!