Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Three Things You Can Do

Over at Politicus there's a piece on the three steps you can take now to help stop the cancer-stage-of-capitalism corporatists from their ever-expanding death grip on the American economy.

It's a fairly long article, and if you are like me and having old-age-attention-deficit-disorder creeping up on you, here's the short answer:

Move your money out of a big bad bank, stop shopping at big box stores like Wal-Mart and Home Depot and stop buying Koch Brothers products.
Yeah, that's it. I have a mortgage with BOA (I would never have approached them myself but I was a victim of their buying up the bank that bought the bank that held my mortgage) and I am shopping around for another bank that I can allow to steal my money. And I already don't shop at WalMart and Home Despot Depot.

If you have an account in one of the Big Banks, I suggest that you move it to a local credit union. And wait until November 5th to do it. That's the Big Day for people to withdraw their money and close their accounts. You might have to wait in line, but you will be there with like-minded progressives and others who have fucking had enough of Wall Street and the Banksters.

5 Comments:

BadTux said...

My money's been in a credit union or in a locally-owned bank for the past thirteen years, I have little choice but to shop at big box stores because you literally can't buy a lot of stuff nowadays if you don't (for example, Home Cheapo drove every single locally owned lumberyard out of business), and I avoid Koch Bro's products like the plague. Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

- Badtux the Practical Penguin

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, BT. I agree that sometimes you have no choice. Like the time I needed an extra memory card for my digital camera when I was in the wilds of rural Virginia. The only place around? Walmart. At least no one I knew saw me sneaking in there.
--The F Man

the yellow fringe said...

Here's the Koch products to avoid.
Invista:
Lycra
Coolmax
Tactel
SolarMax
Polarguard
Dacron
Thermolite
Comforel
Antron Carpet Fiber
Stainmaster Carpet
Cordura
Georgia-Pacific:
VanityFair
AngelSoft
Quilted Northern
Sparkle
Brawny
MardiGras
Dixie
DensArmorPlus
Platinum Plywood
ToughRock
International Brands:
Demak Up
KittenSoft
Lotus
Moltonel
Tenderly
Nouvelle Recycling
Okay
Colhogar
Delica
Inversoft
Tutto

Farnsworth68 said...

Thank you, yf. We needed that. Everybody, boycott the Koch Suckers!
-- The F Man

evodevo said...

Nooooo ! Not my quilted Northern !