Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ten Reasons to Dump Bank of America

Over at Truthout news analyst Nomi Prins has an incisive list of ten reasons you can't back on -- or with -- BOA.

Here are the ten reasons, but be sure to check out the full story since she provides some great analysis of each one of these points:

1. B of A rejects the right of customers to protest.
2. To recoup ongoing losses from its stupendously dumb acquisitions of Countrywide Financial and Merrill Lynch, B of A pillages its customers.
3. B of A's other fees are just as bad.
4. Bank of America takes gross advantage of the military.
5. Bank of America is officially rated the biggest, scariest bank.
6. B of A's derivatives position keeps rising.
7. Bank of America got the most AIG money of the big depositor banks.
8. Bank of America leads the big bank fraud lawsuit settlement tally.
9. Even after lawsuits, B of A would still rather please investors than customers.
10. Bank of America, despite having been buoyed up by the government, did not pay taxes, and, given its glorious ineptness, will be laying off 30,000 workers.
[emphasis added]
As I said before, I am currently in the process of dumping my mortgage with BOA, and after all this I won't even park on the street in front of my local branch because someone might think I'm a customer. Screw 'em. If everybody takes action, and all the money flees the coffers of the bank, we'll see then who is "too big to fail"...

3 Comments:

Thomas Kent said...

Looks like B of A is backing down a bit on this: http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/28/8523537-some-big-banks-back-down-from-debit-card-fee

Myself, I bank with Wells Fargo, which has also backed down on debit card fees.

randompawses said...

These bastards also declared my father dead last Spring and it seemed like it took forever for them to "resurrect" him and his account. Now he really is dead and I can tell them to go fuck themselves.....

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks for the comment RP. You have my sincere condolences for what you are going through. Losing one parent is bad enough, but losing two in two years must be awful.
I will keep a good thought for you, and I'd love it if you DID go tell them to go fuck themselves.
If you do, come back and tell the story.
--The F Man