Thursday, June 10, 2010

What Happened in S Carolina?

In far-off South Carolina the Democratic candidate for the US Senate seat held by Jim DeMint (R-Asshole) is someone no one has ever heard of, who spent almost zero in campaigning, who has a felony charge pending against him, is an unemployed veteran who lives with his parents and who is even now being questioned as to where he came up with the ten grand needed to even file for the office.

Everyone is scratching their collective heads over this. Except for me. And a million of my closest friends who recall the voting machine fiasco of 2004.

BTW, that has never been resolved. In fact, the only way that Obama won the presidency was that the blue state tally was SO lopsided in his favor that even the Diebolds of the world couldn't underhand Grampaw Mac the election.

But this is an off year and a lot of people are not paying attention any more. It's like, "voting machine fraud? That's soo 2004!"

But South Carolina is proud of the fact that they are still using electronic voting machines.

And while I'm sure that Alvin Greene is a nice guy, this whole thing just doesn't pass the "sniff test"... In other words, it stinks.

What better way to secure DeMint's reelection than to pull some kind of shenanigans in the primary, when no one is paying much attention? Ensure that an unknown with legal issues is your opponent and you probably don't have to spend very much on campaigning yourself.

All in all, though, since Greene is the Democratic candidate, then he deserves to win. And DeMint, being the Rethug candidate, deserves to lose.

Yes, it's that simple.

In fact, I'll even cough up some money to Greene's campaign. That is, I would if his campaign -- such as it is -- was actually geared up to accept donations. Which it isn't.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an asshole!

Farnsworth68 said...

Thank you for sharing.
And fuck you.
I would try to provoke you into an argument, but I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

John said...

Farnsworth88,

I can understand your willingness to vote for whomever opposes the chrome-plated asshole, Senator DeMint. Here in Wisconsin, we sometimes have candidates for local office running unopposed. In Wisconsin we are blessed with a pair of fine Democrats, Herb Kohl, who has more money than God and therefore incorruptible, and Russ Feingold, who is so eccentric he is incorruptible. This time, Russ has an opponent, a Menckean booboisie from my hometown of Oshkosh, and the man has NEVER stood for elective office at any level previously. Ron Johnson runs a local plastic factory, and probably may have taken Sinclair Lewis' character of Babbitt to heart. It should be interesting.

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, J. Except for the 1968 election, when I was young and stupid and in the Army in Vietnam, when I was suckered into voting for Nixon as the "peace candidate", I have been a "yellow dog democrat".

Anonymous said...

Amen to the voting machine theory. If I had to place a money bet I would go for Greene being financed by the Repub party AND voting machine fraud. I figure I would win a chunk if I could find a taker and IF this bizarre turn of events is ever investigated - which it will not be.

Jay in N.C.