Thursday, February 21, 2013

Speaking of Drones

The Internets are all ablaze with the latest news that the new medal for remote drone pilots outranks other awards, such as the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart.

Since it came out in The Onion about three days ago, it makes me wonder if there's any truth to it at all.

I could go ahead and research it myself, but as we know, I'm too lazy.

But as much as I like The Onion, one of the big problems with it is that people are all too willing to cut and paste shit into alarmist emails, with the source obliterated, and these can turn viral and suddenly everybody believes it.

This actually happens on a regular basis.


2 Comments:

Sarge said...

FW,
See Sarge's post on Medals.
I had to write my own Meritorious Service Medal...


Sarge

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, Sarge. here's a link to that post.
--The F Man