Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I See You Haji

ICUHAJI -- "I See You Haji". That's the vanity plate that Virginia resident and retired Iraq War vet Sean Bunjo wants but can't have, and he's upset about it.

Every state has rules and restrictions on the vanity plates that they are willing to issue. My own state has several staff members at the Dept of Licensing who have become experts in the history of slang and in obscure languages, just so someone can't get a vanity plate that says "FUCK YOU" in Ket.

So this guy in Virginia says it's a free speech issue, and that "I see you Haji" is not meant to be disrespectful. Oh, no, not at all. It's a sign of respect! Yeah, uh-huh. That would be a whole lot more believable if he hadn't also applied for a plate that would have read "HAJIKLR"...


2 Comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Farnsworth68 said...

Uh, yeah, not so much, since I am proud card-carrying "non-theist". Which is actually just another way of saying "atheist" without all the inherent drama...
--The F Man