Friday, January 28, 2011

The Toad Speaks!

It didn't take long for yesterday's post to bring him out of the woodwork. He posted anonymously, but come on, anyone can tell that it's The Toad himself hiding behind that diaphanous cloak of anonymity.

I also think The Toad is a little too defensive in his post:

WOW!!!
What a dissertation evolves from a simple practical joke!!!!
Hey!! Talk shit all you want - It's good for business. You know what they say....
"BAD PUBLICITY IS THE BEST KIND OF PUBLICITY THERE IS"
After your idiotic blog appeared, I got 57 orders for the book all in one shot.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Perhaps I should send out this "Racist Homophobe" stuff more often....
You are formally inducted into the Asshole Hall of Fame on:
http://www.AssholesAmongUs.com
A "simple practical joke", he calls that racist & violent song. It's hard to distinguish exactly who is the funny victim of that "joke" (aside from Arabs, gays and "commies", none of whom would really see the "humor" in it) nor which part of it is "practical".

I don't think he really "gets" it -- see Practical Joke on Wikipedia.

Nevertheless, if he wants to believe that it was a "joke" he is free to do so. But he is sadly lacking grounding in the reality-based world if he expects to remain free of criticism for circulating it.

And another thing: He promised that I was "formally inducted into the Asshole Hall of Fame" and then gave a website address, but neglected to provide a clickable link. So I had to go to all the time and trouble of copying and pasting it into my browser's address bar. (You'd think a guy that runs at least three websites would know some simple HTML coding, but apparently you would be wrong.)

When I got there, you can just imagine my disappointment when I learned that not only was I not in it, but there actually is no "Asshole Hall of Fame".

What is it with these guys? Over five years ago I was similarly "honored" by an anonymous VFW club somewhere in the world with the threat of having my likeness imprinted on a urinal strainer and placed in their latrine. I was, as you can also imagine, pretty excited by this and sent the guy a photo, and asked him for a picture of it in situ so I could post it on my blog. I never heard back from him. Figures.

Anyway, The Toad claims that yesterday's post -- and it alone -- was responsible for an increase in sales by 57 copies overnight. I'm impressed, but I am also just a bit skeptical. As you know, this blog has literally dozens of readers, and I'd be surprised if even one of them bought a single book from this moron.

Also a side note to The Toad: Some nice professional-looking websites you've got there. I hope you didn't pay your underwear-pissing mother's-basement-living thirty-three-year-old nephew too much money for designing them. Maybe you can get a refund...

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

As a Service Connected Disabled Veteran (US Army 6 years) I take great offense at the Toads attitude. As a woman I take even greater offense, not only at his "Joke" but at his attitude and ignorance.
It is people like him who are making our Country an embarassment to the rest of the world. I bet he also thinks that women should be barefoot and pregnant (and only spoken when spoken too, or he will show us our place in the world).

I love to read, but you could not pay me to read the Toads trash, considering his attitude.

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, anon, and thank you for your service.
If you Google The Toad, you'll find that he trying to pass himself off as a minister(!); no doubt he attended the Fred Phelps school of divinity... with a Masters in Torture from the Spanish Inquisition.
--The F Ma you

Farnsworth68 said...

That should read "The F Man"... sometimes my typing gets ahead of my keyboard...

Doubting Thomas said...

I bet he also wants to redefine "rape" for abortion. I am the anonymous commenter above and am ready to come out into the light for all to see. I wrote my very first blog post tonight about the issue of redefining "Rape" for abortion purposes.

People like the Toad are so obviusly teabagging jerks that they would be for the new wording and prevention of abortions for women who have been raped.

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, DT. I just took a peek at your blog -- the Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies are too much! I want one!
I sent the link to my daughter, who once said she'd eat her own foot if it was wrapped in bacon...
--The F Man