Saturday, November 01, 2008

Three Days to Go -- Don't Relax Just Yet

It's only three days to the most important election of our lives. Barack Obama is ahead in every major poll and it appears that the Rethug party will finally be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Don't believe it for a minute. We can't afford to relax and coast on to Nov 4th. Our enemies aren't going to quit, and neither are we.

Now is the time for all of us to work as hard as we can to get out the vote on Nov 4th and make sure that Obama wins by such an overwhelming majority that the fuckers can't pull any shenanigans and try to claim that his victory was tainted by vote fraud, etc.

Believe me they are trying like hell to pull that off, what with the scurrilous attacks on ACORN, etc.

Don't let them do it! Call your local Democratic Party HQ and volunteer to go doorbelling, to work the phone banks, to do anything and everything you can to make sure that the Rethugs don't steal another election.

Go! Now! On November 5th we'll be toasting each other and basking in the reflected glow of a decisive Obama victory. But it all comes down to you. And me. And everyone else who is sick and tired of Rethug politics destroying our country.

3 Comments:

mrln said...

My husband and I have been making calls to swing states for at our local Obama call center... I've been reading Mark Crispin Miller's book, Loser Takes All, about the election fraud that has been committed by Bush and Co. since 2000. Seems they really can't steal an election if there is a large turnout, because if their victory exceeds the margin of error in the polling (usually that's 3-4 percent), then it's pretty obvious what happened. Large turnouts usually favor Democrats anyway, so GOYA (get off your asses) and make a few hundred calls and take some friends and VOTE!!

Farnsworth68 said...

You got that right, mrln! Thanks for helping out.
--The F Man

jae said...

I find it so interesting that your belief Obama will change the business-as-usual theme that has existed for so many years in Washington.
The first to admit I am such a cynic that not only is my glass half empty, I don't even HAVE a glass - nevertheless, I do not see the person you see when I look at and listen to him.
Of course, I will be the first to be delighted if I am wrong....
It's almost like the discussion I have had with my Xian friends when they speak so rapturously about the joy awaiting them in heaven....I hope I am mistaken.