Sunday, May 15, 2011

End of the World: In Case You Missed the Announcement...

...this coming Saturday it's either the End of the World or it's the Rapturetm. Or something...

A couple of years ago I did a post on The Rapturetm and an outfit that will send out "post-rapture" emails on your behalf. (Sidebar: It's not my fault if you didn't take advantage of that opportunity; you were warned...)

So if the world ends this Saturday, May 21, 2011, everyone who makes it off the planet can feel free to sneer at me from wherever the fuck you end up, and let the welkin ring with your derisive laughter (I'm not sure if welkins can really ring, but I digress...).

I really don't think I'll be paying much attention to the whole thing, since that's the night of my local Democratic Party's annual fundraiser dinner, and I'll be busy wearing a coat-and-tie, stuffing my face with medium-rare steak and swilling moderately-priced wine.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that you, my regular readers, will not be taken up in the initial Rapturetm. But here's a heads-up: You've seen those bumper stickers that say "in case of rapture this car will be unmanned"? It wouldn't hurt to kind of hang out somewhere close to one of those cars. In case the owners do get ruptured raptured, if you're the first one there you can score some awesome wheels...

Don't bother thanking me -- I'm here to help.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

how about-"like the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket,' this kind of propaganda engenders a 'protective stupidity' George Orwell and A nation of sheep will get a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow - -------America was not built on fear.
When voters are given a choice between voting for a Republican, or a Democrat who acts like a Republican, they'll vote for the Republican every time.
Harry S Truman d4d

Constitutional Insurgent said...

Hell yeah!

I've been wanting a nice 4x4 to haul my Harley. I'm going to find a suitable candidate and start stalking them around Friday afternoon.