Sunday, November 15, 2009

Boy Scouts to Holocaust Liberators: "Kill the Jews!"

As if we needed yet another reason to excoriate, abjure and condemn that paramilitary neo-Hitler-Youth homophobic gay-bashing organization, The Boy Scouts, here's some alarming news out of Great Britain:

A scout troop is being investigated by the police after its members shouted death threats and racist abuse at Jewish war veterans during a remembrance parade.
Dressed in full uniform, the explorer scouts, who were taking part in Remembrance Sunday service in Romford, Essex were heard to repeatedly shout "Let's kill the Jews" at Jewish second world war veterans.
Years ago I refused to allow my son to join the Scouts, and this was long before the whole homophobic thing came up. I just didn't want him to be in a brownshirt paramilitary organization which, despite their claims to innocence, primarily served as a get-'em-while-they're-young training camp for future cannon fodder for the military neocolonialists which were champing at the bit to stomp the shit out of any number of weak Third World nations, especially those in "our own back yard", Central America.

When my grandsons started getting to the age where they were potentially Scoutable, I was not really in a position to dictate anything to them, but by this time the Scouts had shown their true colors and I was able to reason with them and explain in a way that they could understand why they should not participate in an organization that was anti-freedom, anti-democratic and anti-human rights.

They listened to me -- mirabile dictu -- and I'm proud to say that all three of them are now human rights supporters and leftwing liberals.

But so are all of my children, which reminds me of that old "not falling far from the tree" saying...

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

with too many left wing liberals, whose going to fight our wars?