Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Rightwing Terrorism: RIP Officer Johns

The shooting at the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington DC was a horror that didn't need to happen.

But it did.

And the shooter was a happily -- if senile (the fucker is 88 years old) -- self-styled member of the anti-Semite militia. His website (I won't provide the link) "Holy Western Empire" is a hodge-podge of seemingly pro-veteran and weird-assed anti-Semitic crap (example: "A new, hard-hitting exposé of the JEW CONSPIRACY to destroy the White gene-pool"), which is now "unavailable", but do a Google cache search and you can see it.

We just got back into town from a ride up Hood Canal where we bought a dozen oysters at the remarkable Hamma Hamma Seafood and I was all ready to kick back on the deck while the oysters were on the grill and toss back a few cold ones, and then this smacks me in the face.

I haven't seen any news or read any websites other than the main news, but I'm willing to bet my next paycheck that the wingnuttery will be falling all over itself, as usual, in complete denial that they had anything to do with it.

And I guess if you discount the atmosphere of hatred and violence that those assholes have created and fed, every day over the airwaves, then they're right... They are completely innocent... Throwing gasoline on the fires of hatred? "No, we'd never do that"...

BTW, I'm sure that I met and talked to Stephen Tyrone Johns, the security guard that this asshole murdered. Whenever I go to museums or other similar places, I always talk to the guards. Since they have to stand around all day, while all around them people are pretending that they don't exist, I always make it a point to talk to them, if only briefly.

And after seeing the photograph of Johns accompanying the news stories, I'm certain that I talked to him the last time I visited the Holocaust Memorial.

My heart goes out to Officer Johns' family and friends for their tragic loss.

0 Comments: