Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Terrorist in a Bikini?

The ink wasn't even dry on the award scroll before the wingnuttery came unglued over the crowning of Miss Michigan, Detroit's own Rima Fakih, as the new Miss USA. Miss Fakih, being from the -- gasp! -- large Muslim population of Detroit, the Lebanon-born daughter of immigrants, is automatically suspect.

After all, in the twisted world of the right wing, the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim, right?

No less a personage than the self-styled "expert" on "radical Islam", Debbie Schlussel says so. Whatsa matter, Debbie, is Rima too good looking for you to compete with? A little jealous, are we?

I mean really, take a look at that mug and tell me.

In the meantime, take a look at this photo of the "terrorist in a bikini" and tell me exactly where is she hiding that IED?


I rest my case.

---
[HT to Badtux the Snarky Penguin for letting me steal the image]

0 Comments: