Thursday, May 27, 2010

Google Anal

Something called "Google Analytics" is fucking up Internet access to my blog. When I try to access my blog's "dashboard" in Firefox, I can see, very briefly, my dashboard, and then Firefox attempts to load a new page over the top of it. In the bottom bar I can see that it's loading something called "google analytics", but the load is unsuccessful. The browser "hangs" about halfway and that's the end of that.
So I went to Internet Explorer, which I hate, to try to avoid this problem. I can actually see my dashboard AND write a blog post. But half of the time it also stalls out and the post won't actually get posted.
Okay, fine. I'll just fucking download the Google browser, something called "Chrome" and use it. It OUGHT to be able to do my blog fine, since Blogger is owned by Google.
Yeah, so you'd think... I posted exactly three entries and then it started hanging when IT was looking for "google analytics"...
I don't even know what the fuck Google Analytics is. All I know is that it is fucking up my Internet experience. I did a search (using Google, naturally...) for how to avoid this. The best answer was "disable Javascript" in your browser. That's a stupid solution and I won't fucking do it.
Right now I'm using IE and crossing my fingers that it will work.
In the meantime, I have had quite enough frustration. We're off to Lincoln City, Oregon, for the long weekend. Screw Google and screw google analytics and all of the rest of it.
See you all next week.
Update: I just tried to publish this post and I got a strange page, apparently from Google Analytics, called "retrevo.com" and an alert from my Spy Sweeper that it wanted to plant a tracking cookie...

The post apparently did not get published. Now I'll switch over and try it with Chrome...

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This should help you...

Thanks for a wonderful blog!

oldgreek said...

Have you thought about Mac?

Anonymous said...

The only reason there are less problems with Mac is because less people own them vs PC. If I want to make a virus, my only motivation is to get famous amongst my peers for it and best way to do that is to target the machine with the most users...people believe anything they hear in commercials anymore...LOL!