Tuesday, January 06, 2015

"Sire, the Peasants Are Revolting"

Movie buffs will recognize that as a line from the French Revolution scene in Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1. To which the king replies, "Phew, you're telling me! They stink on ice!"

Today the conservatives are revolting ("phew, you're telling me"...). But Boner kept his pecker up and fended off challenges from the Teabagger Morons (is that a tautology?) who were trying to oust him as Speaker of the House for being too "liberal".

Too bad it went down in such a civil manner. I was looking forward to that cage match. I'd pay good money for a pay-per-view broadcast of that.

Still, it has all the potential of being a very good year for snarky sideline commentators, like me.

1 Comment:

the yellow fringe said...

Racist in the number 3 slot in the house. And today a terrorist bombing in Colorado Springs, oh, that won't be called terrorist will it, it was the NCAAP office hit.