Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Harpooning the Great White Whale

Long-time readers of this blog know that I've always taken a special delight in skewering Rusty Limpdick (aka Rush Limbaugh), but I've noticed to my chagrin that it's been a while since I thrust a harpoon at the Great White Whale.

Well, that hiatus has come to an end. When I read 25 Examples That Prove Rush Limbaugh Is A "Low-Information" Radio Host over at Media Matters, I couldn't help myself. I had to pass it on.

Some examples:

Limbaugh Mocks Fact That Unemployment Benefits Are Stimulus. Limbaugh denied that unemployment benefits have a positive effect on the economy, saying it's a "crock" that extending them translates into economic growth. In fact, studies show that these benefits stimulate the overall economy and provide greater economic impact on growth than the Bush tax cuts for upper-income earners.
Limbaugh: "Everything -- Except The Polls -- Points To A Romney Landslide." Under the headline "Everything -- Except The Polls -- Points To A Romney Landslide," Limbaugh's website posted a transcript of his radio show in which he said his "intellectual analysis" of the election was that "it's not even close. Three hundred-plus electoral votes for Romney."
Limbaugh Rewrites Obama's Dreams To Falsely Claim "Racist" Attack. Limbaugh used a new biography about President Obama's life to claim he viewed his high school basketball coach and his team as "racist" and that Obama wrote in his book Dreams From My Father that "he played black ball, the coach coached white ball, and as such the coach was a racist, the team was racist, strategy of the game was racist, and Obama rode the bench." In fact, Obama wrote that he disabused a friend who suggested racism was a factor in him not getting more playing time on the basketball team.
There's a lot more, so be sure to read the whole thing.

Oh, and Rusty, you fucking draft dodger, I'm still waiting for that High Noon Showdown that I challenged you to way back in 2005. But I don't have to worry. If Rusty ever came up against a real Vietnam veteran, he'd be wetting his pants faster than a fratboy after beer call.

1 Comment:

Grung_e_Gene said...

Racist Limpballs, child-raping pederast bigot, chicken hawk coward. Perfect embodiment of the modern GOP.