Monday, June 06, 2011

I'm Back -- With Lessons Learned

I've been sort of AWOL for a week. But I've learned some lessons. Chief among them being this: "Dude, you are not in your 30s any more, so stop partying like you were!"

I'll let my more imaginative readers fill in the details. Except for this one: It is kind of weird when you realize that some of your grandchildren are old enough to drink legally... and can, in fact, drink you under the table.

Anyway, I'm back now and fully recovered from my visit to a town less than two hours away, where I spent a good portion of what inadvertently turned into a loooong weekend celebrating my youngest daughter's 39th birthday.

Which is actually today! So happy birthday, "Little B". And don't expect me to do the same thing next year. I really am too old for this shit!

2 Comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Happy Birthday "little B" 'an tone it down, ya ole fart!:)

Farnsworth68 said...

Thanks, TFWY.
In the words of the old saying, "This whole thing sure has been a lesson to me..."
--The F Man